In 2019, after Dominik Koepfer went through a bad tournament phase losing first round several weeks in a row, he came to the Villingen TennisGate’s Training Camp in Albarella to clear his head and to train with his youth coaches and former teammates. What followed is well known: Victory at the Challenger for a Wildcard into Wimbledon, Round of 16 US Open, Davis Cup for Germany and a jump into the Top 100 ATP ranking.
Here is some video footage from the camp. The drills are quite common, they focus primarly on intensity, rhythm, serving plus 1, pushing off and changing direction and switching from offense to defense. The difference is the execution. What separates top players from others is not the type of drill but the dedication and intensity in every single shot. Enjoy the footage!
With TennisGate I developed the fundamentals that my college coach Marc Booras built upon to help me become the player I am today. I still use the videos and appear on some of the clips.Dominik Koepfer
With the TennisGate Online Academy You Get…
- Over 1500 Training Videos from Professionally Certified Coaches
- Lessons on Technique for Every Stroke in Tennis
- Dozens of Tactical and Strategy Lessons on Singles & Doubles
- 100’s of Drills to Help Improve Your Game
- Fitness Workouts from Profesionally Physiotherapists Experienced in Tennis